Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September Shindigs

Darrik had signed up to run a marathon relay race, back in April or May. The race was going to take place in September, so he thought for sure he'd be back from Kansas to run it. Well, little did we know that he'd spend over half a year in Kansas and have to take an extra trip back home to run this race. Oh, well. Things happen.  He did really well. I'm pretty sure he was the fastest one in his group, I'm not just saying that, he is built to run. He was in pain at the end, and sore for a few days, but he did really good.


This is Darrik after the race.  I told him to smile, and he made this face. I said, "it looks like you're in pain...?" He said, "that's because I am." Poor guy.


Every year for the last 4 or 5 years my sister-in-law invites me to go with her and her family up to Midway for Swiss Days.  This year I went with my mom, grandma and my sister Makell.  We always have a ton of fun looking at all the new crafts.  My grandma and I drive everyone crazy because we think we can make everything, and shouldn't buy it, ha ha ha.

I don't know what my grandma was doing in this picture, but she wasn't ready for the picture. I love her. She is so funny, and so much fun. 





Thanks for coming every body. We'll have to do it again next year!


 We went to Red Robin with Darrik's mom.  Here Brock is fascinated with the car game as usual.  

Brock loves hot dogs, and as such also loves corn dogs.  He used to want to eat a hot dog for every meal.  We had to convince him that a hot dog is not a very good breakfast.

One morning while Darrik was gone, I was getting Brock's stuff ready to go to Nanny's and he sneaked out the door into the garage.  I heard him out there, so I went out to see what he was up to.  He had found daddy's shoes and was wearing them around the driveway. (oh and he has a yarn necklace on too)

So, you've seen the posts I have made about Brock and poop.  Well here is the proof.  He hasn't done this, or anything close to this, in a very long time. I am really hoping that it was just a phase he was going through... Look how gross.  He had pooped before his nap. Played in it, then fell asleep. So the poop was all hard and crusty when he woke up and I came in to get him.  Oh, yuck!
Pardon my language, but seriously, shit eating grin, right?


My grandma has lived by a lake for about 5 years now.  This year my grandma decided to tell us that there was a lake nearby, we had no idea. Grandma, why you holding out on us? ha ha ha  We had such a fun time, even though it rained a little bit, and then went back to her house for a BBQ.  I really love my grandparents. Especially my grandma.  We are very much a like.  We have similar characteristics and very similar interests and hobbies. I love that she has taught me how to crochet and sew.  She is great and we have so much fun together.

My hot sister Cortney...and no, she is not legal yet.

0 comments: