Monday, September 13, 2010

By Brilliant, I mean Brainless!

So guess how brilliant I am...

At the end of every season The Children's Place had crazy sales. I've bought most of Brock's clothes online for the next year at the end of each season. Well at the end of this last winter I got Brock stocked up for this coming winter. Every time I buy him clothes for the next season I buy them a size up from how old he is at the time. So the first time he was 12 months old, so I got him 18 months clothes for the winter, 24 months for the summer before he turned two, etc. and they have been a perfect fit. (Those of you who have kids might be able to tell where I'm going with this) At the end of last season I got the email that they were having the sale, so I got online and bought a few essentials. Some really cute thermals, a sweater, a hoodie, some jeans. (mind you, it's still more expensive than Walmart, Target or kid 2 kid where I normally shop, we can just thank grandma for this) I figured that he would be two, or 24 months this October so I would buy the next size up. The next size up, in my head, was 3T. 24 months was 2T right? 24 months is 2 years old, 2T. Do you see my logic? Well, I was wrong.

And so we end up with this...

And this..

All ready for winter 2011.

So now I have to go get him a few things to last through this winter, and some for summer, since I made the mistake too late to realize before I bought summer stuff too. Good thing his birthday is in 3 weeks. Sheesh!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Come shop at my house!