Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Latest...

I went to my doctor appointment today and things are still the same. I'm still a 1, 1.5, and a little bit more effaced, but not much. So all of my walking, eating pineapple, sex, massaging, and other old wives tails, have only put me in pain and made me uncomfortable, rather than helped the situation. Oh well. The plan is to go into the hospital tomorrow night at 6:30 PM and be put on cervidil for 12 hours. Cervidil is a hormone that softens the cervix, and helps it open. Some times women's water breaks on their own durring this process, and others the doctor will come in that morning and break it for her. So we'll see. We should have a baby by Thursday. So no one bug me until then... ha ha ha. I really do appreciate everyone's comments and concern for us. I'm trying to be positive about my defective body... but it's hard, so I really appreciate everyone being so understanding and helpful. But that is the latest.

12 comments:

Marky said...

Thanks for keeping us updated!! Your pictures are so cute, I love the ones with the frame! Good luck with everything on the upcoming birth, can't wait to see the cute little guy!

Murray Family said...

That's so great it will be soon! I can't wait to see pics of the little guy :). Good luck with everything!

BB&K Berry said...

Hey Kami, sorry to hear you haven't had him yet, but hopefully by Thursday you will have some adoreable baby pictures to show off!! I love all your pictures and your blog is fun to look at!! Good Luck this week!!
~Brooke Berry

Kristen said...

Good luck with the induction! That's exciting!

Sheldon and Chelsea said...

I love your pictures! Your really are glowing in them! I just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow-good luck!

whitney holland. said...

Good Luck Kami! Baby will be here so soon and I can't wait to see pictures! Hang in there, what is 2 more days when you have waited NINE MONTHS! So exciting!

J.Frey said...

Oh Kami, I am so sorry you playing the waiting game! Your pictures and beautiful! I would have never dared to take pictures like that at 40 weeks (Too many stretch marks for me!) I'm jealous you look so good! I can't wait to hear all about your delivery!

Cyd said...

Yay for tomorrow!! Good luck my friend. I don't think you're body is defective! Slow.. Not defective! (: you're handling this so well!

*HUGS*
Cyndi

Cyd said...

Yay for tomorrow!! Good luck my friend. I don't think you're body is defective! Slow.. Not defective! (: you're handling this so well!

*HUGS*
Cyndi

The Garlocks.... said...

Good Luck! YOu're brave to get your cervix softened. I was afraid to do that because they said I could go C-Section and that FREAKED me out! So instead I went 21 days over! I'm glad you don't have to do that!!! I'm so excited but I'm sure Darrick is more excited to have the first boy!! I'll be stalking your blog until I see pictures!

whitney holland. said...

Kami congrats on baby Brock! I can't wait to see these pictures of this little red head!!!

Ashley said...

Kami congrats! I can't wait to see some pictures of you little one!