Wednesday, September 17, 2008

38 weeks and 4 days

Another week closer to my due date... At my appointment yesterday my doctor told me that he would see me next week and maybe the week after. I had to remind him that next week (Tuesday) was my last appointment since I'm due the following Saturday. He kind of laughed and said, ok. Humoring me I'm sure. He did say that I was dilated a tiny bit more than last week, but only about .5, that didn't make me feel any better. He is also measuring 8 lbs 3 oz. I know they are wrong a lot of the time, but I'm totally crossing my fingers that they are. My mom will be home this Saturday, so I'm telling myself that he is coming on Sunday. We'll see. I've gotten everything pretty much done around the house. The baby room is just about finished, a few things to put up, but it's painted and everything is in there. Bags are packed for the hospital, meals are made for the freezer. I made 6, so we should be good for a while. I had my last shower on Saturday and got a lot of great things, so I'm pretty much all set. Now it's just the waiting game.

Here are some pictures from my showers:




Thanks to all my great friends and family. It was really good to see you all, and I got a lot of cool things! You are so wonderful!! I love you all very much!

13 comments:

Stefani said...

dinners and everything?!! whoa. you're so ready. i'll be waiting for the announcement! can't wait. xo

Marky said...

You are so prepared, and you still look so cute!! Good luck with everything and enjoy every minute!

Murray Family said...

Oh my word, you are SO close! I can't wait to see pictures of your little baby! Ahhh, newborns, so precious :)

Val and Shauna Steed said...

The time has come! How exciting. We can't wait to see this little boy. Friday is Baylee's birthday. How fun that they will be one year apart. Call us!

Keri said...

It was so good to see you and everyone else at the shower. I don't think I've ever seen your puppies before - they are ADORABLE. Good luck, I hope you go this Sunday!

Michelle said...

Over 8 lbs already! Oh wow! Little, or should I say Big Brock needs to come soon! :)... I love the cute shower pics! How do you put them all together like that?

Michelle said...

Oh wow, good job with the photoshop stuff! I didn't even realize we weren't really all together in that picture. You're a pro! :)

Anonymous said...

Y O U ' R E S O C L O S E ! How exciting! It's kinda sad though because you make such a cute prego lady. Oh and no we are not married (yet) we have just been dating for forever...

Sheldon and Chelsea said...

I am hoping for you that he is not already 8.3! I am sure they are wrong. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that some baby action happens soon!

Wade and Shayla Steed said...

We are so so excited for you guys!!

Justin...&...Andrea said...

It was fun seeing you at your shower! Good luck with your labor and delivery, you are going to be such a great mom! I'll be calling you for tips when my little girl arrives! Keep in touch as post some pics of baby as soon as you can! : )

The Martin's said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! Make sure you let us know when the little guy gets here!

lizdye said...

Good job finding me. I honestly cannot believe how great you look and you could pop any day now! Way to work it. It was good to see you too and I love reading your blog. Congrats on 5 years of marriage. That is awesome. Good luck with the delivery and the post delivery. That was the worst part for me, but not everyone gets the baby blues. I hope everything goes well and Im so exctied for you. THis is the greatest time of life! WOO HOO!!