Thursday, August 14, 2008

Car Seat Advice!

It is coming down to the wire and I still can't decide on a car seat. So all you mom's out there, and other's with some expertise in this area please advise. I've read many reviews but I trust my friends reviews more than anything. I really like the chicco brand car seats. Also the chicco brand have been rated number 1 on consumer reports, so I'm leaning that direction. I do have two in mind, one, the Chicco KeyFit, color: Extreme:

If I get this car seat, then I have to purchase a stroller that goes with it, it doesn't come with one, like a travel system. But I haven't seen anyone with this one... yet. And I think it's super cute, and would be worth the extra cost. See stroller below:

The other car seat I like comes as a travel system. The Chicco Cortina Travel System color: Sahara.

I think it is cute as well, but I know a ton of people who have the same one. I know it's not a big deal who has what, and I am totally over analyzing this, but any suggestions would help me out a ton. Also, if you have a carseat set that you love that I haven't mentioned please let me know. Also tell my why you love it. And if you don't like the ones I have listed please tell me why. Thank you in advance for your help!! :)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I've heard a lot of good things about the chicco carseats. I think Sarah has that first one doesn't she, just in green? She seems to love hers! I had a babytrend one and it was rated as one of the safest ones at the time but it wasn't really comfortable, not enough cushion, so I probably would have gotten another one. I think your safe with chicco though, both of those look good to me!

Anisha said...

All I can say is to buy a quality stroller. In five years I've gone through plenty to know I should have bought the best first and used it for all my kids, than to waste money on all the strollers I've gotten. I currently have a BoB double stroller. They have a single BOB stroller that a carseat can attach to and it's also a jogger so you can use it outdoors and in the mountains. Plus if you get the rotating wheel its super easy to use in stores etc..

Good luck!

sav said...

brad and i bought the chicco travel system like the tan one except it is green and grew, and i think i am going to love it. my friend just went to babies r us and they have it in red and grey now too.. before they didn't carry it in the store so you might want to check it out there. also the chiccos are a lot lighter than the graco and the cup holder tray thing for the baby comes out so you can put it in the dishwasher. very cool....

Tiffany said...

Hey Kami. I like the Chico, but I have always owned Greco. I have really loved my carseats and strollers, but I have always purchased extra padding to go around their little heads until they get a little bigger. If you are deciding between the two on the pics, the red/orange is awesome!!! And it really reminds me of you! As far as the strollers, you really need to push them around before purchasing to make sure that it is easy to maneuver.

Ashley said...

Hi doll... I have a britax and I absolutley love it. It is pricey but it is suppose to be one of the safest. I do think chicco is good as well however.

Nicholas and Brittani said...

Hi! I keep finding all my old Viewmont Cheerleader friends on everyones link list. I have to admit I have checked out your blog a couple times but just decided to send a quick hello. You look great! Cute pregnant lady! I am glad I found you. Brittani (Belnap) Lunnen

Shani said...

I don't have kids myself, but I have worked on an ambulance for several years and will tell you that the absolute safest way to go is with one that has a 5-point harness. They are a little more expensive, but worth it. They hold the babies more secure preventing less thrashing of their bodies in the event of an accident. Plus, it is harder for them to pull their arms out when they get a little older. I have heard that Britax makes a good one, but that is just from word of mouth.

Diana said...

I want to know which one you picked, I would've opted for the gray because of versitility. But the orange is very vogue.