Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby Update!

I need to give an update on our little man. As previously mentioned, he was measuring and weighing in at a whopping 5 lbs 2 oz at 33 weeks. The doctor told us if he continues to weigh more than normal at each appointment that he would induce me early. He also mentioned that he could have had a growth spurt and that everything could just be normal. But for some reason, I jump to conclusions. 'He is coming early, WOW, that's great, whoa, it's soon...' I was both excited and nervous by the news. I can't wait to meet our little guy, but at the same time, I am feeling overwhelmed by the amount of things that still need to be done before he gets here. I am also nervous by the great responsibility that comes with having a child. Not that I didn't know this before, but it is finally starting to sink in that I am going to be a parent. Me! So I'm freaking out just a little bit... So, we went to my appointment yesterday and things looked good. He was active, the chord wasn't wrapped around his neck, his hear rate was good, he was still a HE, and still as cute as an ultrasound can do justice. However, he is only measuring at 5 lbs 12 oz. Phew! I was actually relieved, it was just a growth spurt after all. He is right on track for his due date, and that gave me comfort. The doctor also re-checked my record and told me that I was actually only 34 weeks and 3 days, which was 4 days off from what I had calculated. I know this doesn't mean much, but I was going to start going in every week after yesterday's appointment, but now I won't go in for two weeks when I'm just over 36 weeks. No big deal. I still have a little bit of time, and that is basically alright with me. I have had a really good pregnancy. I have never thrown up, I have rarely been sick, no weird cravings (other than pigs in a blanket my first couple of months), my body hasn't grown astronomically huge like I anticipated, I've only gained 24 lbs thus far (I know there is still time), and I haven't had too hard of a time sleeping (as long as I have my pillow fortress), my feet only get swollen when I wear shoes I know I shouldn't, and I've had a small amount of acid reflux and heart burn, but nothing too bad. So I've been feeling pretty good. I told Darrik that if every pregnancy was this good we were going to have 10 kids. Ha ha ha. If any of you know him, this wasn't funny. But these last couple of days have brought a different side of pregnancy for me. Aches and pains all over, total fatigue, braxton hicks, crazy nerves shooting down in 'areas', sciatic nerve pain in my back, loss of appetite, terrible nights sleep, anger, anxiety and holy cow the hormones. So, I've decided that whenever he wants to come is alright with me. We will work it all out and I will be happy no matter what.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Kami, I know how you feel! I was feeling pretty great and have only gained about 25 pounds, but the last few days have been AWFUL. I think my little guy is coming early.... because I feel miserable! Good luck with it all, I can't wait for him to come! You'll be a great mom!

Becky said...

You are one cute prego woman but that definitely doesn't help the dreaded last month!!! Good luck and if you want to yell at someone call me! :) I'm pretty sure at the end I had thoughts of throwing people over cliffs! :)

Stefani said...

aww i love your new belly pict!! i can't wait to see it in person.

Val and Shauna Steed said...

I should hate you because you've never thrown up. You're like your mom. She wasn't a puker like me. I can't wait to see you at your shower Saturday!