Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas in Review...

I know Christmas was a month ago, but I'm a little bit slow. Soon I will post Halloween. But don't get your hopes up. One of my New Year's resolutions was to post once a week. So far that hasn't happened. I have about 15 goals that I'm working on. I'll get to it.

This was Brock's first Christmas. It was so fun for us to get all ready for the big day and pretend that he was excited for Santa to come. In reality it was pretty much just like every other day to him. But he is such a happy kid it was fun to show him his new toys and have him giggle and smile. So that worked for me. I love Christmas!

Every Christmas Eve we get together with Darrik's side. We meet somewhere for breakfast and they give all of us money, then we all go shopping together. This year Darrik's mom made breakfast and we went lots of places for shopping. Costco, Best Buy, Sam's Club, Layton mall. We had a lot of fun. This is a great tradition.
Cousins Camilla, Alexa and Brocky

Brocko with Grandpa Rich

Brock, cousin Gavin, aung Sharelle and Grandpa

Brock looking up at Grandma Teresa (Darrik's mom, can you see where Brock gets his red hair)


Cousin Savannah holding Brock

Aunt Chelsea and cousin Avery

This is another family tradition for our family. We have dinner at my parents every Christmas Eve. Our Christmas Eve dinner used to be clam chowder... yuck! But none of the kids liked it, so we switched to home made pizza. That is something every one liked. When Darrik joined our family he started making the pizza dough. We love it! Another tradition we have is discussing the birth of Jesus Christ. My dad always starts the discussion and we all take turns asking questions or giving comments. I think I learn something new every year. I love my dad for keeping the spirit of Christmas alive.

These are my cute sisters in our new pj's. Every year, like so many other people, we open one present on Christmas eve. It's always pajamas.

The sisters getting crazy!!

Darrik and Kami in our new pj's.

Our little family in our pj's in front of my parents Christmas tree.

Makell and her fiance Garrett posing in their new pj's.

Christmas morning at our house, opening presents.

Brock is thrilled about his new bouncer, can you tell?


This was my favorite present. Darrik got me an external hard drive. I love it!!

arrik with his Christmas presents.
Brocker in his new Christmas outfit, so handsome!


Brock at my parents with his new toys. He is so happy about this one.


This is at our Christmas party with our friends. We had tons of fun. We played bunko for a gift exchange game. We had sandwiches on yummy rolls, salads, treats, and yummy desserts. We love our friends.

Tyson & Amy
Jordan, Maczil & Rob
Rachael & Shaylee

Taya & Maryann

Justin, Michelle & Colby

Lance, Marie & Carso

Sarah & Lily
Rustin, Brett, Kere, Ceara, Maryann, Clay and Ashley

J-Rod

Ceara

So that was Christmas in a not so much nut shell. We had a lot of fun spending time with family and friends and remembering the reason for the season, Christ's birth. We had a wonderful Christmas lesson the Sunday before Christmas, that helped a lot. Merry Christmas everyone, last month...!!

2 comments:

sav said...

what a fun christmas! it's ok that you are a little late, we still love reading about you! brock is darling and getting so big! i can't believe we haven't seen eachother since having babies!

Dan and Tara said...

Kami these pictures are so fun! Brock is hilarious and so cute. I am glad I got to see him in action this weekend! I love little boys, you're such a lucky momma! You look beautiful!