Thursday, December 18, 2008

Brock's First Haircut and nursery pictures!!

I know what you are thinking... Brock is only 2 months old, and you're giving him a haircut? But let me explain. A while ago I scrubbed his head pretty good to get rid of some cradle cap and scrubbed off the top of his hair. The hair that will fall out any way, but I made it come out pre-maturely. So he had this major bad receding hair line. Also there were some bald spots around the back of his head, this super long tuft right in the center like alfalfa, and the beginnings of a mullet. Something had to be done. Besides all that, the new hair that was coming in was coming in super light and I wanted to save some of his cute red hair in a little baggie before it was all gone. So needless to say, I got Darrik's little beard trimmer out and started trimming. I put him in his bumbo chair. He's not quite big enough for it yet, but it worked. He did pretty good. He didn't like the sound that much, but overall it went really well.

See the shaggyness?



This picture is my favorite. Look at that little pouty lip, its about a hundred pounds.

Finished product. Darrik made me leave his alfalfa for a while. But I figured that it would look really funny once all his other hair grew in. So I buzzed it off a few days later. He looks like a totally different kid. But still so cute!



Brock's Room

I'm so embarrassed that it isn't done yet. But here is what we have so far. I am happy with the results.The changing table, accessories and garbage can.

The hamper, crib and toy basket.


The bumbo, glider, book basket, bouncer and messy closet stocked full of diapers and clothes.


You can't really read it, but above the door the wall saying says, "Such a big Miracle, in such a little boy."

And last but not least. My project!! My cute sister-in-law Chelsea taught me and helped me make this wall decoration. I took the pictures in the center and on the top left. The picture on the bottom right I cropped from what Darrik's aunt took of us. The colored squares are scrapbook paper. They are all glued to 12 x 12 pieces of styrofoam and we glued brown ribbon around the edges. I love how it turned out. And I can say I finished at least one project I started, well, just about. I still want to ink the edges of the pictures, but for the most part it's done.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute cute cute post! I love it! Brock is sooooo stinkin' cute! I love the picture of him smiling when he was getting his haircut and the one of his pouty lip too, soooo cute!... I love Brocks room too. You did such an AWESOME job with it! I love your "project"! I wish I could do something that cute! Maybe I'll attempt with my next baby. That is if I could talk you into helping me since I would need A LOT of help! :)

sav said...

so funny to have his first hair cut already! but it is so cute! i love his little bald self. reese has the old man ring of hair around the bottom. i love the pictures on the wall.. might have to steal that idea! so dang cute!!!

Unknown said...

I love the room!! I love the first haircuts, and then i hate them because it changes them and they look so much bigger. He is such a cute little guy!! I want to learn those tricks with the pictures. Did you modge podge them at all? or are they just glued? I LOVE THEM!!

Murray Family said...

He looks darling! I love his hair cut :)

Tiffany said...

I love your wall decorations!!! I might steal somewhat of the idea for Sadie's room (which is not completely done yet). I can't believe how cute your little boy is!

Dan and Tara said...

I love your cute craft! Can I use your idea? That is so cute and I LOVE that picture of Brock! You are such a fantastic mom!

The Robot Writes said...

Brock's room is adorable. I LOVE the wall with the pics and paper.

Anisha said...

You are so brave to cut his hair. That was always the hardest thing for me because of how much they change. Asher just had his first big cut and he's 3! He's adorable and I see more of you in him with his bald head.

Marky said...

I love his new haircut, and that pouty lip is so cute!! His room is way cute, I love the big picture wall you did a great job!!