Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I love being a mom!

At the bottom of my last post I mentioned that I love being a mom…

Let me just tell you how much I love being a mom. Two events that every mother has probably experienced, but they happened to me within the first two weeks of being a mom.

Event number one:
Last Saturday Darrik decided he needed new waders and boots for fishing and wanted to go to Cabelas. I told him that I wanted to come since I had been in the house for over a week and needed to do something different and needed some social interaction. So I packed up the diaper bags (notice I said bags with an ‘s’ Darrik has his own bag, his man bag), the stroller, the boppy pillow, and the child and headed down to Lehi.

Everything went fine at the store, Darrik got a new pair of boots and waders and I got some crocks with fir in them, very comfy. It was then time to feed Brock. I had everything I needed and things went well. And he ate like a champ within the confines of the small car. I felt pretty good about this. I was able to do a small outing with our new baby and things were going well.

After the trip down south, we went straight to the hospital to see my friend Lisette. She just had a new baby as well. We visited there for a while. Brock was doing great. Not fussy at all, just grinning, looking around a perfect baby. A few farts here and there. When we got to the lobby I decided that I would check his bum. How did I forget this ‘minor’ detail, it had been a while since I had changed him and I had fed him in between that time as well. What a good mother. So I took him to the yucky bathroom in the lobby of the hospital and sure enough, BLOW OUT. He was wearing my favorite outfit he has and it was died bright green. I’ve heard it happens, they always mess their pants or poop up their back on the days you have dressed them in your favorite outfit, but now it was happening to me. So much fun!! We got that all cleaned up and headed home, it wasn’t as big of a deal as I had made it, but I hate public bathrooms. Especially for my new born baby, too many germs. That was event number one.

Event number two:
Today I had my two week follow up with my doctor. Darrik got off work and took me. We waited in the waiting room for a while and then when my doctor came in he talked for a while so we were there quite a long time. After the doctor’s office we wanted to register to vote in Farmington (we usually don’t care about the elections, or politics, but we are so against Obama we had to make sure this time around that we voted).

When we got there I thought it would be a good idea to check the diaper. Yep, poopy. But I caught it in time, no leakage. So Darrik helped me change him on the trunk of the car (with his pad down of course). I got his diaper off and pulled out a wipe… the last one. A poopy diaper and only one wipe. Uh oh!! But that’s not the worst part. All the sudden I heard this sound, psssssss. I looked up to see him peeing all up the front of his onesie. And yet again, my favorite outfit. I froze for a second, ahhh what do I do, and then chucked the wipe, the only wipe we had, over his wiener. It was too late though. He had already soaked his entire shirt.

I had to take him into the restroom of the county office building to get him all cleaned up. My almost 2 week old baby into the dirty old building. Gross! But what other choice did I have. I didn’t have wipes and he was a mess. Some grandma came into the restroom and made some rude comment about how I shouldn’t be taking my baby out this early, and how he is so little and blah blah blah. I know he is too little to be out. We had no intentions of having him out out, we had him in his car seat bundled up blanket over the top. The plan was to be in and out super fast until we had this little incident. I was already frazzled enough as it was that he was out in public. I didn’t need this old lady ridiculing my parenting skills on top of it.
It all worked out though. It was an adventure, to say the least. But we lived through it. And I can still say that yes, I love being a mom. Even when this title, mom, comes with crazy adventures. But how could I get mad at this cute little face? He is definitely worth it. I love you Brock!

11 comments:

Breinholt Gang said...

That is histerical. I love the first month, where they are always poopy and peeing. It is great. You are so funny.

Ashley said...

How cute of a mom are you? I am so thirlled that you are loving every minute. It gets better and better. You think you love them as much as you can but you love them even more and more!

sav said...

aww, the life of poopy diapers! i am right behind you girl! we are gonna have to get together and swap stories, and you are going to have to tell me all your infinate wisdom you have aquired in the last couple of weeks! i am glad things are going good for you!

Murray Family said...

What a stinker old lady! How rude! I'm glad you're loving it; it's the best (and the hardest, but still the best :)

whitney holland. said...

Kami I love reading your blog and your very cute posts about your new little one! I must say that I am getting MORE AND MORE baby hungry by reading your blog!! I am so happy for you!

Keri said...

Cute, cute and there's only more to come!!! So much more! How's Lisette? Did she have a C-section again?

J.Frey said...

Oh yes, the joys of poopy diapers and blow outs in public. The best is when they do it on other people so you have to clean their shirts too (or buy them a new one) Every mom has to go through it...I think it is some sort of initiation.

Tiffany said...

That is so funny! I'm glad you were good about it because there is a lot more where that came from. I once had one child pee and poop on me at the same time while another one was throwing up in the hall way! You learn to just laugh, cause if you don't you will cry. I too love being a mom and everything that comes with it!!

Michelle said...

Get used to those blow outs :). Colby used to have one EVERY morning. I just expected it :).

lizdye said...

I hate strangers that think they know how to parent your kid. What are they thinking?

Val and Shauna Steed said...

Loved your stories. I have a really gross poopy one about Kelsey. She was 18 months old and completely blew up while we were at Maddox. I had to give her a bath in the restroom sink. It was december and we had to go to KMart to buy her a new outfit. I also had an old lady experience. I was preggo with Tara and so sick. I had the boys out shopping and they were BAD and I got after them. An old lady told me to be more patient. I wanted to throw up on her feet.