Monday, June 28, 2010

Up in the Night...


You have to know this part to understand the rest of our weekend.  Brock's new obsession is the movie Cars.  He says it like cars with a 'd', dars.  But a million times a day you will hear him say it, dars mommy, dars, dars, dars... over and over.  Or you will hear him say, Mifween! which is his version of McQueen.  So funny.



He also loves his new clothes grandma Teresa got him with Lightning McQueen on them.  I got him this hat from Walmart, it was a two pack for $5, also Cars.





So last Friday Brock woke up with a fever so I gave him some motrin.  Then later that day he had a fever again so I gave him some tylenol. And later that night he was warm and not acting himself so I asked our good friend Justin Trujillo to give him a blessing.  And later that night he had a temperature of 104.2, poor guy. So off to Instacare we went, at 11:30 pm.  Turns out Brock had a sore throat virus?  I thought that was weird, but the dr. said that he was about the 20th one that day.  So I guess they are pretty common.  But he told me to keep up with motrin and tylenol and he would be fine in a few days, which he was.

We didn't get home until about 12:30, 1:00 am. And not into bed until about 1:30 for me.  Well at about 3:00 am Brock was up crying for me, so I got up and held him for a minute then tried to get him to go back down, but he wasn't having it. So I brought him in bed with me so we could both NOT sleep together.  He is so wiggly and all over the place, I'm not sure if he gets any sleep, and I know I don't because he's all over me. So we were both pretty tired Saturday.

Then Saturday night, well Sunday morning, at 2 AM, I hear this, "mommy, mommy, mom, mom, mommy, MOMMY!!!, MOM..." And I let it go on for about 45 minutes thinking he'd go back to sleep. Boy did I think wrong.  He just kept on calling for me, like a broken record.  So I went in there and he was wide awake ready to hand me his blankets, his bodies as he calls them, and said, "all done mommy, all done ni night, I wake."  Well ok then, I guess he told me.  He was done.  He felt a little cold in his summer jammies, so I changed him out of them and changed his diaper.  He told me he wanted milk, so we got him some and he had a sip. I then tried to put him back down in his crib and he just stood up and said, "dars mommy." Seriously? It's 3 in the morning. We're not watching Cars kiddo.  So I tried to have him sleep with me in my bed again, but just sat there.  He wouldn't lay down.  He kept telling me, "all done mommy, all done ni night."  And he kept pulling on my arm saying, "mon mommy, a go!" (come on mommy, let's go) "Dars mooies" (cars movies). "Down, mommy, down a bed."  He was relentless.  So I finally gave in and we went out in the family room and watched Cars from about 3 until 6:30 am.  I tried to sleep while he watched, but he kept poking my eyes and saying, "eye ball," or "no ni night mommy, a dars mommy, all done ni night mommy, sin (sing) mommy..." So there was no sleeping for me.  When it ended the first time I said, "ok bud, let's go to bed." and he just calmly said, "more dars pees mommy." I was in no state, or mood to argue with this sweet little face. I just restarted the movie and closed my eyes.  Little stinker knows how to play his mom.  We were up until about 6:15 and then I was out for a minute, when I woke up Brock was asleep on the floor with his blankie.  So I moved him into his bed and let the dogs out, so there was no accidents, turned off my alarm, and went back to bed.  We both slept until about 11:00 am.  We missed church, but I couldn't even function.  We needed to stay home and get some rest.



After we were up for a little bit and Brock had eaten breakfast he wanted hi shoes on.  "Soos, soos mommy."  So I tried to put them on over his jammies, but he didn't like that.  So I took his jammies off and put his shoes on.  He then went and found my shoes and insisted that I put them on and then ran over the the garage door and said, "a go mommy," in his diaper and shoes only.  My little exhibitionist! ha ha ha.  I was so tired I didn't even want to say no, or argue, so I just grabbed my purse and opened the door.  He climbed down the stairs and walked over to the car, I opened the door and he climbed up into his car seat and said, "buckles." So I buckled him in and off we went.  I didn't have any place in mind, I just drove west, as if I wasn't west enough already, we practically live in the Great Salt Lake.  But we found cows and horses, moos and neigh neighs.  Oh, side note, all animals are their sounds, except dogs, dogs are doddies.  But snakes are sssssssss, cats are meow,  giraffes are stick his tongue in and out, monkeys are oo oo ah ahs, and so on...  So we just drove around.  He started to fall asleep so we went home.  But was then wide awake again, go figure.  (p.s. yes, his hair is cut... :( there will be a post on that coming soon...)


My sweet sister Makell and her husband Garrett came over and watched Brock later that afternoon while I took a nap.  I was so grateful.  It was a huge help.  Thanks you guys.

Brock actually slept through the night last night, but we went to bed at 11.  This was my plan so he would be tired and actually sleep, and it worked.

So needless to say, I'm very tired today.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Haha, we have the same Cars obsession. Joel says "pit stop!". I think we've watched it enough that our dvd is starting to skip...

The Parks' said...

lol, I love this post Kami! It will be fun to look back and read when Brock is older. What a cute little stinker and you are a trooper playing your role as a single mom while Darrik is away. Let me know if you ever need a helping hand! Love ya girl! -Marie