Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Park



We did a few fun things while Darrik was home for a few days. I got sick and the weather wasn't that great so we weren't able to do as much as I would have liked. But we still had a lot of fun and we loved having Darrik/daddy home.  We went to Red Robin twice, went to a movie, played and stayed up late watching movies and eating homemade shakes.  We also decided to have a picnic at the park one day. We packed up the picnic blanket and basket full of goodies, that we didn't eat, and Darrik ran and got a pizza, cuz a picnic's not complete without a pizza right. And we headed to the park. It was only sunny for about an hour that day, and we missed it, but we went anyway.  We had a good time. Brock loves the park. You can't tell by that expression, but he really could live there. He loves sand and dirt, rocks, slides, swings, birds (despite his near death experience with the birds, ha ha) and the kids. He could watch the kids play all day.





Gotta love self-timer.
(You would think that since I knew the camera was on I would have sat up straight, but no)




Say, 'cheese'!



mmmmmmm peanut butter and honey.



"I love bubbles!!!"



Just running around. Chasing the bubbles.



Brock loves slides!


He gets that determined look (tongue sticking out) from his mom.





Brock climbed up onto this huge slide, the tallest slide on the playground, and started walking down it.  Darrik was at a spot where he couldn't see him and I was yelling, bum, bum, bum, sit on your bum. And he did finally. Crazy kid. The slide was really steep. But he wasn't scared. 






Let's see that in close up, shall we?


(Never mind the fact that my kid is so white he glows)

But look at that face, he went so fast that his hair stood up.  He loved it.  His feet caught at the bottom and he face planted onto the slide.  I was freaking out, expecting to see tears and possibly blood, but he looked up and laughed and wanted to go again. Sie, sie, sie... (slide, slide, slide) He was fine. He is so tough, when he wants to be. :D


WWWwwwwweeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Brock also loves the swings. My mom took him to a park a few months ago and the whole time he kept saying, 'all done nanny, all done, all done.' So I thought he was going to be afraid of the swings. But he grew out of that quick.  Look at his big smile and tell me he doesn't love them now.





Thank you park. We'll be back soon.

4 comments:

Kellie Henry said...

Okay those pictures are so dang cute of Brock swinging and sliding. He is such a stud!!!

sav said...

so cute! i love how shorts on little boys fit like pants! it is my fave! you guys are such a darling little family!

Michelle said...

What adorable pictures! LOVE all of them! SOOO cute!!!

Matt and Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness, I didnt think it had been that long since I had seen you guys but then I saw these pics of Brock adn he is SO big!!! we all need to get together soon!!!