Monday, March 2, 2009

Boogaloo at 5 months

(thanks for this hat Rachael)


Our little Boogs is 5 months old today! I can hardly believe it. But at the same time I think, only 5 months, that's it? It seems like he has always been with us. Weird I know, but he is such a HUGE part of our lives now. Our whole world revolves around him, and it seems like he has always been a part of it and I can't imagine life without him. So 5 months seems like a short amount of time, but yet, 5 moths old is big in baby terms.... you get my point right? Anyway...

Boogs is a new nickname. I call you my little Boogaloo, and Boogs for short. Your daddy wants to call you Ears because you have such big ears. Your great-grandpa White has big ears as well and we think that's where you get it.

You are getting to be such a busy body. Your arms and legs are constantly moving. Hands reaching for toys, mom and dad's face, grabbing, squeezing, pinching, exploring. Arms in motion all the time. You are constantly patting your thighs with your hands. Mommy will sing 'Going on a bear hunt...' and you will pat your thighs. Legs kicking, runing in the air, bouncing. You are arching your back and looking all around when you are on your back. You are enjoying tummy time more and more each day. You are making it harder and harder for mommy to change your diaper because you are so curious about the things around you and you want to look at everything. Every sound draws your attention and you turn your head. You are excited by our dogs. You reach for them and they give you kisses which you like most of the time. You have recently found your feet and toes which you absolutely love.

You have started to babble and coo a lot more. Lately you have been screaming at the top of your lungs, high pitched like a girl. You do this at random times. Some times when you are excited, and some times when you want attention or are mad. You are a little jibber jabber. You also have been grunting and growling. We love listening to you talk to yourself.

You are now in size 3 diapers which means you are over 17 pounds. You are about 27 inches long. Still a big boy, but starting to slow down. You are still nursing which is good. We had a little bit of a scare a while back. I got the flu and my milk supply decreased dramatically. We worked hard pumping after every feeding and drinking and eating a TON to get it back and its not quite to where it was before, but there is enough for you to eat and be satisfied. You will start rice cereal soon!

We love you little man!

Here are some pictures I took of Brock at 5 months old. Such a little cutie!


8 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Thats crazy, he is 5 months already. The time sure flys by, I remember when we were new to the ward & you were pregnant and now you have this handsome little guy. The pictures are really cute.

J.Frey said...

That first picture is to die for! I LOVE his pretty blue eyes! What a handsome little boy!

Rich Family said...

I feel like a broken record, But he is so cute. I love those pictures. Great job! Can you email me some of your favorite pictures of Brock for a project I am working on, or if you don't decrease the quality to post on your blog, I can get them there. Thanks

Rich Family said...

Sorry, I forgot, I also need a most recent family picture. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

great job on the pictures! he is almost as big as Jordan. they sure grow fast. he is such a cute redhead.

Michelle said...

What adorable pictures! I LOVE the first one, it's sooo cute!! Brock is such a cute little guy! I love his nickname. You are such a cute Mom Kami!

angelrich said...

He is SO CUTE! You are doing such a good job!

The Parks' said...

Kami, I love all your posts and I'm so glad we're friends!!! Brock is adorable, it looks like the Millers cabin was so much fun and I'm glad you had such a fun birthday! It was fun to be able to go to Red Robbin! Darrik's b-day was a hit as well! Elite gym was a BLAST! Thanks for being such a great friend! Love ya!!