Friday, February 25, 2011

2-9!


On February 6, I turned 29. My last year in my twenties... boo!! I had a wonderful birthday week, really it was a week long celebration. We didn't do something EVERY day for my birthday, but we did something fun almost every day and I celebrated A LOT! I am so lucky!  I have always loved and looked forward to my birthday and this year was no exception. I wasn't too happy that I had to share my special day with the super bowl, but it all worked out.  I have an amazing husband, and wonderful family and friends who all made my day (week) extra special.  So thank you all!

Thursday before my birthday, my cute friend Becky brought to my work these homemade treasures! Seriously, they are so delish. Cupcake pops, with chocolate and strawberry cake inside. SOOO GOOD!! I was so happy, I love getting fun stuff at work. They were so cute I thought she bought them. She did a really great job on them. Thanks Beck!

 
That night we celebrated Chinese New Year.  We got Panda Express and watched Kung Fu Panda.

I spent most of the day Friday making my amazing freezer meal, White Bean Chicken Chili. My new favorite soup EVER!! I also spent a lot of the day trying to clean up so I wouldn't have to the rest of the weekend.

I woke up Saturday morning  with a crazy cold. I was so sad. I had been telling Darrik that he needed to take his vitamins, and drink fluids, and get some rest so he would get over his cold, and that I don't get colds that often cause I keep up on my vitamins, but I woke up with one Saturday... That's what I get I guess. It was a pretty miserable cold.

Saturday morning is always Zumba. I can't get enough of it. I am hopelessly addicted to it. So this week I was really looking forward to it because it was my birthday, and what better way to celebrate than by going to a dance party, right!?! Becky and I got there early and were right front and center, ready to shake our groove thing with Cammie, our favorite Zumba teacher ever. I even brought my camera to take a picture with Cammie after because I wanted to document for my birthday. It was about time to start and this lady walks in and walks up to the front of the class, plugs her music in, and puts her bottled water on the stage... it was NOT Cammie... :( I looked at Becky and said, 'I think I'm going to cry...' I was so sad.

It probably doesn't seem like it's that big of a deal, but seriously on a scale of 1-10 Cammie is about a 15. No joke. I am always sweating, and breathing hard, sometimes feel like I'm going to puke, and my face is red and blotchy when I'm done. I get such an amazing workout with her, better than I do with any other Zumba teacher I've had so far. This sub, on a scale of 1-10 was no joke, a 4 or a 5. I had to do her dances double time to even feel it. She was fun, and nice and Becky and I made it fun, so it was still a good time, but I really missed Cammie.

So I brought my camera, might as well take some fun pictures, right?



She had us do some really different (weird) moves. We felt like, "Walk like an Egyptian" in this one.


We also did this move where we walked/jogged to the side and then jumped up in the air. I wanted to really get a work-out so I jumped super high each time. We wanted to try and get a picture of us jumping.





Our teacher saw us taking this pathetic pictures and went out into her car and brought in her nice camera and took some jumping pictures for us. It was pretty funny.

Here we are with our teacher. Strike a pose!



That afternoon I had my annual hair appointment with my good friend Michelle. Seriously, I get my hair colored once a year, usually for my birthday. (I would get it done more if I could afford it, ha ha) I just got an all-over color and a cut. I love it. She always does a really good job.  Thanks Michelle!!!





I was gone from about 10:00 am Saturday morning until about 4:30 that afternoon.  When I got home Darrik was cleaning up and making me a homemade birthday cake.



The house was kind of messy and Darrik had mentioned that he wanted to take me out to dinner for my birthday that night, but he hadn't said anything. I was all ready to go, or ready to do whatever, but he was busy getting things done. So I was a little upset, and I started vacuuming while I waited. I was teasing Brock saying I was going to vacuum up his toys and shoes. I got a little close and vacuumed up his shoe lace and it broke the vacuum.  Then I was really irritated. So I went and laid down to take a nap. I couldn't sleep because I was starving. So I got up and just hung out for a while.


Darrik asked me where I wanted to go and I mentioned a few places and he said that he had a few in mind and was going to take me some where and I was just going to have to like it.  I really like surprises, so I was happy with this.  He told me that his mom was going to watch Brock for us while we went to dinner, which she often does when we go out.  But once we got there Darrik wanted to go out into the big building to see the new trailer that his dad had built. Seriously? I'm starving. I don't want to look at a trailer. I want to go eat. It's not YOUR birthday, it's MINE. Can you go look at it another time? I was so ornery with him.  It was about 7:30 pm by this time and I just wanted to get away together and EAT!


We walked into the building and walked around the corner and everyone shouted, "Surprise!!!!!"  He had planned a surprise party for me. He had done such a good job. I had no idea, seriously, not even a little bit.  He had asked that everyone who came brought some sort of snack and some games to play. I told him I wanted to have a big game night with friends and play games all night. I didn't think he was really listening, but I guess he was.  I was starving and he had planned on me eating snacks for dinner at the party, chips and salsa, nachos, little smokies, and other yummy treats.  He didn't tell me that, I just thought I was starving. Doug went and got me Panda Express for dinner, so that was good, thanks Doug.

Darrik also snuk my cake into the party without me even knowing. This is the third surprise party he has thrown for me. I don't know how he does it without me even having any clue. He is such a sweetheart. He knows I like big parties with friends and family, and always does a great job. I've a very lucky girl.

We played lots of games and ate yummy treats and had a really fun night. I was having a hard time near the end because I had this crazy head cold, but I was happy that we were celebrating my birthday doing something I love. I really love to play games.  I got some fun presents too. My cute friends are so sweet. I got some super cute workout pants from my sisters since they know I'm obsessed with working out right now. I got a Groupon for free bowling, shoe rentals and drinks for 4 people. Some cute earrings and some dry shampoo that I was so happy about. I've been wanting to try it. I got a yummy chocolate cake from my visiting teachers, cookies from a friend, a super cute earring holder and a night out to a movie, money, cards, lots of other treats, nice text messages, and lots of facebook posts.  I was totally spoiled this year, and this is only the half of it.




chocolate cake from my visiting teachers


Sunday morning I woke up with the flu.  Seriously. The flu? On my birthday? NOOOooooooo!!!! I couldn't believe it.  No throwing up, but a fever of 101.2, body aches, and the chills. I felt miserable. We called in sick to church, ha ha ha, can you call it that? We teach the 4-year-olds and we called the primary person and told her we weren't coming to church because I was sick and Darrik needed to take care of me.  He got ready for church, made me cream of wheat, breakfast in bed, and then took Brock to sacrament to take the sacrament and then came home.  After I ate and got some rest I felt SO much better.

These pictures are really terrible, but this is what I looked like on my birthday morning...


Breakfast in bed

Brock wanted to help me feel better, so he brought me all his toys. He was so cute.  After I had slept all day I felt almost back to normal.  I was up and getting ready for that night and Brock woke up from his nap and came into my room and said, "My mommy's not sick any more. YAY!!!!" He is such a sweetheart. I loved it. 


My mom and dad were doing a super bowl/birthday party for me that night, and I was so sad that I was maybe going to miss it because I was sick.  I asked my mom if she was ok if I still came and she said ABSOLUTELY!! We just won't hug you.  I love my mom. She's so funny. So I showered and got ready and we headed over there.  Every one brought snacks and treats for the super bowl so we had tons of food to eat.  It was awesome.  We did bean dip, but there was chicken casadillas, pulled pork sandwiches, muddy buddys, drinks, candy, all the goods. My mom even made me Fazookies for my birthday treat.  It was SO yummy!! They also gave me a really funny card and some cash. We had a really fun night.  Thanks mom and dad!

Here is the food spread: 



My wonderful 6 layer bean dip, no onions. 


Me and my fun mom



I had requested Fazookies for my birthday treat. And my mom did not disappoint.  Fazookies are chocolate chip cookies made in cast iron pans topped with ice cream. They were so yummy!!!

I had my hair curly from the day before, luckily. I didn't do much to get ready. I barely dusted myself with make-up.  I still look sickly.

Brock was very encouraging. "You can do it, blow them out mommy."

Then he was so excited when I did it. He's so funny.

Love this kid.




Brock got into some old hair flowers and wanted us to wear them.

Awesome party, thanks everyone!


THEN... Monday night GNO!!!! My best friend from High School, Stefani came into town from Arizona and she got us and our friend Natalie a hotel room downtown. Stefani and I have the same birthday. We love saying that.  We ate dinner at Biaggi's and then did some shopping at the Gateway Mall. Then went back to the hotel, ate snacks, and talked ALL night long.  We went to bed around 4:30 in the morning.  Stef also ordered us all breakfast in bed in the morning.  It was SO yummy!  It was so nice to get out and have girl time. I love my besties. We always have such a good time together.  Thanks so much Stef!

 

I didn't do anything for my birthday Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, but I had my first cake decorating class Tuesday night and LOVED it.  Our freezer meal exchange and a late soccer game Wednesday night (11:20). And I got a new vacuum, and $70 in-store credit Thursday night.

Friday night, my cute sister-in-law Chelsea took me to see my new favorite movie Burlesque.  I loved it!! I'm not going to lie, it was a little on the risque side. But I loved the music and the dancing, and it had such a cute story line, kind of similar to Coyote Ugly, but I really liked it. I had a hard time sitting still during it. I just wanted to dance.  Thanks Chels! I had a blast.

 
I got some really nice cards and $ from my grandparents and parents in the mail too. Thanks guys. I had a really great birthday. I am very lucky. Thanks everyone who made it so special.  I love you all!!  And a very special thanks to my amazing hubby. Thanks so much for your hard work and planning, I love you so much!!

2 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

What a fun birthday/birthweek! You are amazing and deserve the best of celebrations. Happy 29th! Even though it only feels like we are supposed to be 21.

Becky said...

SOOOOO funny I couldn't help but laugh especially at the picture of me holding substitute Zumba instructors hand! HAHA I'm glad you were born and had a birthday week so that I could enjoy it too it was fun! and I am more glad you're in my life you rock Kam!!!