Friday, October 1, 2010

October

Brock turned two in October and my sister Makell took his pictures. I've already posted most of them.


 Brock's 2nd birthday. Cars theme.



One of my best friends, Natalie, and I ran the Layton 10k.  It was a lot of fun.  I want to do more 10k's, I've done a bunch of 5k's, but this was my first 10k and I loved it. Thanks for inviting me Nat.


My dad got us a cabin up in Heber for a few nights. We had a bawl. Seriously. It was one of the funnest trips we've been on in a while.  My whole family was there with spouses and we played games, ate tons of yummy food, all provided by my parents, my mom's homemade cooking YUM!!! played a few wicked games of soccer on the ginormous deck, went for a few bike rides, and runs, hung out in the hot tub, stayed up late, played the cookie game. It was so much fun. I love my family.

There were deer all over the place, and one night we saw a moose, but it was dark and far away so we couldn't get a good picture of it.


Our room

The deck of our room


The mounds of stuff we crammed into our car to bring up to the cabin, everything but the kitchen sink.


Our lovely cook in the large kitchen.


The ginormous deck, mentioned earlier. This was where we played our wicked games of soccer. Lots of fun.

The cookie game... ha ha ha  You try to get the cookie into your mouth from your forehead without using your hands. It was so fun!


Brock even joined in on the fun.




The loft brock and darrik climbed up into and hid.

Hot tub!


We also got family pictures while we were up there.
 
 
  Best family vacation ever. I want to make this a family tradition.  We were also up there over Cortney's birthday. Happy Birthday Cort!!


On conference Sunday in between sessions we went for a hike up the mountains by my parents house.




Brock had fun throwing rocks

They found a dead snake

Where we went there was this sign... CLSED KEEP OUT THAK YOU... ha ha ha we went in there anyway. We figured, if you can't spell, the sign is null and void, right? ha ha ha


Halloween!!!  Brock was a pirate.  He doesn't even know what a pirate is, but I was a slacker mom and waited until the last possible moment to find something and this was all they had left. Don't get me wrong, he was a way cute pirate, it just wasn't my first choice. I wanted him to be a race car driver, or buzz light year, because he knows who they are and LOVES them.


Brock was so cute this year.  He loved trick-or-treating. He would say, trick-or-treat and got so excited when they gave him a handful of candy.  He could have done it all night. He also kept singing 'Happy Birthday' to the pumpkins because they had candles in them. So funny.



I dressed up too.



Nanny, Binny and Brock
  

Ok, so the funniest thing EVER. My sister and her husband dressed up as my mom and dad for Halloween.  She secretly stole my  mom's pajamas and went and bought cheap fake glasses. They came to my mom's house to trick-or-treat and I died laughing. I was laughing so hard I almost peed my pants, I was rolling on the floor. Hilarious.

She also had accessories to go with her costume. Dr. Pepper, Imodium AD, and a remote controller for the t.v. It was seriously SO funny.


And Brock broke my phone... good news, my friend Natalie's husband gave me his old iphone. So that was pretty awesome, and I love it!! Seriously. I LOVE my phone. I use it for every possible thing you can imagine.


0 comments: