Sunday, August 1, 2010

August Action

We went boating one time in the summer. ONE TIME... that is so sad. But we had a lot of fun.



While Darrik was out of town, my dad would come over just about every week and mow my lawn.  He is such a great dad. He'd do just about anything for his kids. I love him.  He would mow my lawn just about every time before I'd get home from work, just to surprise me. He is so sweet. Thanks so much dad. Here Brock is below after running around the yard after Poppy.



Mac and cheese bowl hat anyone? Sounds good to me.

Brock tried to get out of his high chair and got stuck. Am I a mean mom for taking a picture? I thought it was so funny. He has gotten stuck a few times, you'd think he'd learn. Poor kid.

August 3rd is National Watermellon Day. So since it's pretty much Brock's favorite fruit, we had to celebrate.



A friend and I took our boys to see the Demolition Derby. The kids LOVED it. Such a good time.

National Anthem, Clay and Drake. Look how cute, he put his little hand on his heart.

The whole reason we (Brock and I) went was to see our friend Brad. He's in the yellow car. It was his first Derby. He did pretty good. It was fun to watch him. 


We celebrated our 7th anniversary this year in August, in Kansas.


Brock Loves water... we he does now. It took him most of the summer to warm up to it. Here he is playing with the hose in the back yard. The dogs love it too, so I just let them all play. The had a blast.

Trying to get mommy's feet.
Trying to spray me.

When trying to spray me backfired and he sprayed his face and did get my camera pretty good. Luckily it still works.  I love this picture.


Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mommy, I feezing!

Our good friend Kelsey's wedding was in Augus. This is my good friend Travis and Liz's little girl Baylee dancing with Brock.  She is a whole year older than Brock and almost the same size.  Ok, not really, but close. She is little and petite, and Brock is just a tall kid. They were so cute together.


My good friend Becky had her baby. Little Daxton was born on August 18th. I was able to take a few pictures of him. He is such a sweet baby.


Brock being a goon with his feet up. He is such a nut, seriously.

Little cheese ball

Here he is using two spoons.


Brock LOVES cars!

And pah dih does (popcicles)


I love this one with his tongue.

An outfit he chose for the day.  My reflector vest, long sleeved jammies, short jammie bottoms and  his dragon galoshes. What a funny kid. 

Our bed time routine: Jammies, diaper change, jump off the changing table...

brush our teeth...

read books...

say prayers...
sing songs (stay awake), give kisses... good night Brock...

Psych!


Good night B.

1 comments:

Becky said...

Cute pics!! I love that you love Dax enough to stick him in there! :)